Summer Issue 2018
- Additional information
Our magazines include articles, interviews, tutorials, plenty of information on arts and crafts techniques, contact details, opportunities to participate in environmental and social projects around the world, a calendar of workshops, eco-friendly zero waste shopping (and making) ideas, reading suggestions, exclusive discounts on eco-friendly products and competitions.
We cover a wide range of crafts, spanning across a number of traditional and innovative materials, e.g. a wide range of textile fibres, wood, metal, stone, slate, ceramic, natural pigments, gathered/natural materials, innovative biomaterials, wood, plastic and much more.
Contents of the Summer Issue 2018:
- The Bristol Cloth Project;
- Shades of green… the journey of four skeins of yarn;
- Making natural connections (eco-print);
- 3D creations from textiles (Coiling)
- Making pottery the Anasazi way (Earth skills);
- Reclaiming stone and slate;
- The art of upcycling metal with old repurposed tools;
- Kufic script, paper and inks (Calligraphy special);
- Exploring space and the pursue of sustainability;
- Discovering sustainability in textiles;
- Fabric yarn from textile waste;
- Pioneering fungal biomaterial (innovations in design);
- Upcycling leftovers from the cotton industry (textile innovations);
- E-waste section;
- Teaching children about the circular economy;
- Kitchen chronicles;
- Democratising plastic recycling (Precious Plastics around the World);
- Setting up a zero waste shop;
- Petitions and campaigns;
- Issues for ethical businesses;
- Projects for the planet;
- The eco crafters and entrepreneurs’ award (4th edition);
- Eco-friendly ideas;
- Calendar of craft and design workshops;
- Step by step tutorials and more!
For the digital Summer Issue 2018 click here
Our magazines are printed in small batches at University of East London on 100% recycled paper.