As with most of my embroideries, this piece was inspired by both Game of Thrones & the extraordinary work of Michele Carragher whose work takes my breath away and I hold in great reverence. Her work is genius – my absolute favourite.
I wanted to focus on Daenerys union with Khal Drogo as I haven’t seen one done yet. The horses flanking the triple headed Dragon Sigil are Dothraki, smaller to emphasise Deanery’s importance. It was one of the most challenging to date, taking around 3 months to complete.
* Over-dyed Cotton Velvet from Recycled curtains
* Filigree – a grass washing line, symbolic of Dothraki abundant grass & beliefs associated with it
* Painted onion bags
* Gems from an old necklace
* Cabochons-old bauble tops
* Wings skeleton made from wire from old cables
* Beads from old clothing
* Scraps of various fabrics
* Twisted Antique Gold metallic threads from an old costume trim
* Circular metallic embellishments from old earrings-the bottom disks are symbolic of shields& battles of Daenerys armies
* Small bells from an ornament-hand painted individually
* Diamante s very generously sent to me from Pat Ankers, Thank you Pat!
Connect with Eco Alkhemy via her personal Facebook page